No shuttle needed just paddle about from our base at Symonds Yat West and have a blast...
For those who are new to paddlesport or have limited time this option is ideal, this runs at 1pm everyday provided the river isn't too high. After booking through the website you will receive an email with information about your adventure. On the day of your trip you meet us at meet point B at 1pm, here you park and we fill out paperwork and complete payments, kit you out with buoyancy aids, paddles and dry barrels and give you a safety briefing before getting you on the water for some fun. To start with we suggest heading up stream as far as you can before turning back to head with the flow of the river and back to Symonds Yat, we don't allow you to go any further downstream than Ye Old Ferrie Inn that way it's not too much of a struggle to return on time and you avoid the rapids. Along the way you can see a variety of wildlife from otters, mink, swans, geese, deer, wild boar, peregrine falcons and plenty more.
This introductory trip can be enough for the first time paddler and is perfect to enjoy the fantastic surroundings and stunning vistas the area has to offer, or if you fancied a river journey why not consider a 3/4 day trip.
Activity Information Facts:
- Minimum Age – 4 Years Old
- Fitness Level – Easy/Moderate
- Difficulty – Easy, suitable for novices, you will be required to carry your 34kg canoe between you and your paddling partner (we can assist groups with young children), we can sometimes help at the launch stage but if you capsize on route you will have to recover your boat yourselves as we are not there with you! you will also need to remove the canoe from the river at the end of each day.
- Stops on route - none on this trip, this is a door to door paddle, if you are looking to stop for a break then consider the 3/4 day trip. (Please bear in mind that we don't allow anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs to paddle our boats for obvious safety reasons, people under the influence or seen drinking alcohol whist in the boats will be removed from the river without refund and possibly without transport back to their cars).
- Meeting times – 1pm
- Meeting place - Riverside, behind the Paddocks Hotel, Symonds Yat West, HR96BL, Meet Point B
- On river time – 60-90 mins after meeting time (30 mins for paperwork, briefing, kitting out, 15 mins to travel to launch site, 20 mins to get boats off and get on water)
- Duration – 2-3 hours
- Off water time - 4pm at latest
- Time of Year – March-December
- Location - Lower Wye Valley
- Adult:Child Ratio Unguided, 4-9 yr olds 1:1 adult to child ratio, 10-18 yr olds 1 adult:2 youths
- Adult:Child Ratio Youth Group Guided, 1 Instructor/Guide:10 Youths + 1 free staff position
- Adult:Child Ratio Standard Group Guided, 1 Instructor/Guide:12 persons.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01600 890027 or drop us an email to email@example.com
* Please note that the launch point at Kerne bridge is now a privately owned area and you will need to pay a private toll of £2 to the owners on arrival when on a self-guided canoe or kayak trip, so please ensure you have this with you on the day.