Bushcraft not only teaches valuable survival techniques but goes further and is about how to thrive in the great outdoors, sustainability and how to live off the land, its surviving and thriving in the natural environment, and the acquisition of ancient skills and knowledge to do so.
Bushcraft skills include; firecraft, tracking, hunting, fishing, shelter building, the use of tools such as knives and axes, foraging, hand-carving wood, container construction from natural materials, rope and twine-making. We are perfectly located in the Forest of Dean on the River Wye and our bushcraft survival courses are tailored towards those who want to learn how to make the best of the tools and resources to hand, many of these techniques are taught to the military and have been used all around the world. Our courses are great for individuals or for groups alike and very popular team building events.
We have courses and trips to suit all tastes, from a bushcraft taster session and a day of canoeing and bushcraft which is a great way to see the stunning Wye Valley and a great introduction to both activities to a full on 3 day River Bushcraft Expedition on the River Wye. If you can’t see below quite what you’re after then just call or email us for a bespoke experience.
Bushcraft/Survival techniques taught include:
- Fire Starting – from bow drills and fire steels to military techniques
- Shelter Building – from basha’s and bivvis to leaf and woodland.
- Knives and Axes – What makes a good survival knife and how to use it safely.
- Foraging – What’s good to eat and all around us, and what you should avoid.
- Water capture – how to find and collect water, and how to make it safe to use.
- Food Procurement & Preparation – Traps, snares and how to cook your catch.
We have so many options that we are bound to have something to suit everyone’s tastes.