We run introductory courses for kayaks for half-day or full-day taster sessions. The courses are for anyone who wishes to try out the sport of Kayaking in a safe a professional environment in one of the most stunning locations in Britain. Run by our professional paddle sport division Wye Canoes in our taster sessions you will learn efficient paddling techniques and how to control your canoe or kayak and some fun water based games.
- A great taster session for the complete novice.
- Modern touring and white water kayaks.
- Full day intro sessions can be in either canoe or kayak or a mixture of both.
- Awesome Instructors.
- We provide everything you need including; kayaks, paddles, helmets, wetsuits etc.
For for those wishing to further their skills in Kayaking or to broaden their moving water skills, we have our Introduction to Whitewater course. The aim of these courses are to introduce paddlers that already have some experience on flat water their first taste of white water and build their confidence in grade 2/3 rivers. Based in Symonds Yat we are perfectly placed to teach the necessary skills to negotiate safely and effectively through moving water. Do be prepared to get wet though, but you will come away with a great sense of achievement after a day with our highly experienced instructors.
Booking Information (Guided Trips, Instruction or Courses)
A 50% non-refundable deposit will be taken to hold the booking.
- Full payment is due 14 days before booking date.
- Cancellations made by the customer within 14 days will get no refund, full payment is due if not already received.
- Whilst every reasonable attempt will be made to deliver trips, Wye Canoes Ltd reserves the right to cancel or modify the trips due to safety considerations and factors beyond our control.