Bushcraft with Wye Adventures – Survive & Thrive in the Great Outdoors.
Bushcraft not only teaches valuable survival techniques but goes further and is about how to thrive in the great outdoors, sustainability and how to live off the land, its surviving and thriving in the natural environment, and the acquisition of ancient skills and knowledge to do so. Bushcraft skills include; fire-craft, tracking, hunting, fishing, shelter building, the use of tools such as knives and axes, foraging, hand-carving wood, container construction from natural materials, rope and twine-making.
We are perfectly located in the Forest of Dean on the River Wye and our Bushcraft Survival Courses are tailored towards those who want to learn how to make the best of the natural tools and resources to hand, many of these fascinating techniques are taught to the military and have been used all around the world for years helping save lives or to live in harmony with nature. Our courses are great for individuals or for groups alike and very popular team building events.
We have courses and trips to suit all tastes, from our starter One Day Forest Session which includes shelter building, fire starting, game preparation, making cordage, foraging etc. you can book our one day session above and it's great an introduction to Bushcraft and Survival and is run either at a location of your choosing or our private forest site here in the beautiful Symonds Yat Gorge, or maybe combine Bushcraft and Canoeing which is a great way to see the stunning Wye Valley and a great introduction to both activities or maybe an awesome 2 Day River Bushcraft Expedition on the River Wye. If you can’t see below quite what you’re after then just call or email us for a bespoke experience.
Bushcraft/Survival techniques taught include:
- Fire Starting – from bow drills and fire steels to military techniques
- Shelter Building – from basha’s and bivis to leaf and woodland.
- Knives and Axes – What makes a good survival knife and how to use it safely.
- Foraging – What’s good to eat and all around us, and what you should avoid.
- Water capture – how to find and collect water, and how to make it safe to use.
- Food Procurement & Preparation – Traps, snares and how to cook your catch.
We have so many options that we are bound to have something to suit everyone’s tastes.
Activity Information Facts:
- Minimum Age – 10 Years Old
- Minimum Group Size - 5 persons
- Fitness Level – Low
- Difficulty – Easy to Moderate
- Start time – 9 am
- Duration – 6 hours full day
- Time of Year – All year round
- Location – Forest of Dean or location of your choice
- Finish Time - 4.30 pm