Push your limits and experience this awesome Wye Valley Adventure...
If you're seeking a river challenge that includes travelling through some of the finest countryside in Britain on probably the best river in the UK then this is without question the challenge for you.
Known as the Wye 100 because it is exactly 100 miles from Glasbury to Chepstow which is the end of the River Wye as it joins the River Severn some 134 miles later after they both start at Plynlimon in the Welsh mountains. Not for the faint hearted as it is four long days, paddling around 25 miles per day, this trip is fully guided by our highly experienced local instructors.
We have planned everything here for you and we provide either tents or our traditional bivouac setup. You will be camping on the first night at Byecross Farm Campsite, an excellent campsite with showers etc, the second night will be at Hoarwithy at Tresseck Park Campsite, there is a pub called The New Harp Inn on site and it’s an ideal overnight camping location which allows open fires and has toilets and water taps. Then the third night you will be in Symonds Yat and can camp at River Wye Camping or stay at any one of many great hotels in the area at your own cost.
We provide pretty much everything you need including, tents, bivis, canoe equipment, 60 litre dry barrels and cooking equipment, all you need to provide is food (we suggest ration packs) and sleeping equipment (sleeping bag, pillow etc).
You can book your place on our Wye 100 Adventure Challenge online but bear in mind you would need to book at least 2 places at a time to paddle a 2/3 person canadian canoes, alternatively you can paddle single person kayaks but you would need to demonstrate competence and previous experience in a kayak which you don't need to do with open canoes!
- Day 1 - Glasbury to Bycross, 22.5 miles
- Day 2 – Bycross to Hoarwithy, 28.5 miles
- Day 3 – Hoarwithy to Symonds Yat, 24.5 miles
- Day 4 – Symonds Yat to Chepstow, 24.5 miles
It will be a great accomplishment and one you will remember forever...
Activity Information Facts:
- Minimum Age – 14 Years Old
- Fitness Level – Moderate/Difficult
- Difficulty – Suitable for fit novices
- Meeting times – 7am
- Meeting place - Wye Adventures Centre, Symonds Yat West
- On river time – 180 mins after meeting time (30 mins for paperwork, briefing, kitting out, 90 mins to travel to launch site, 20 mins to get boats off and get on water)
- Duration – 7-8 hours paddling each day
- Off water time - Approximately 5pm each day
- Location - River Wye