The Paddlesport Safety and Rescue Course (PSRC) aims to provide paddlers with the key safety and rescue skills required to operate safely and to be able to deal with common problems in a sheltered water environment.
Throughout the course, candidates will explore simple strategies and safe skills that can provide the tools to solve common paddling issues. The course content focuses on rescuing from the paddlers specific craft and covers equipment, safety frameworks, as well as a range of rescues including contact and towing rescues, self-rescues and deep water rescues.
- Participants need to either hold the Paddle Explore Award or equivalent ability, due to the paddling environment and the craft control required to complete the course.
- Clothing and Equipment
- Safety frameworks
- Contact and Towing rescues
- Deep water rescues
- Reflection and development
Attendance certificates are issued to candidates by their Delivery Centre, following a recommendation from the course provider
Activity Information Facts:
- Minimum Age – Open to all ages
- Fitness Level – Moderate
- Cost - £90 PP
- Difficulty – Easy to Moderate
- Start time – 9am
- Duration – 6 hours
- Location - Mallards Pike Lake, Forest of Dean
What we provide:
- Spray decks
- Wet Suits (if requested)
- Buoyancy Aids
For additional information from British Canoeing please click here